Thanks to a generous land donation from one of our community members, we have the opportunity to create a new park area adjacent to Eproson Park in downtown Twain Harte. The park will be named Twain Harte Meadows and, with your help, will become one of the centerpieces of town. We invite you to dream with us to create a beautiful place that will impact Twain Harte for generations. Your input is critical to making sure Twain Harte Meadows best serves and reflects our community and families.
Check out our flier to learn more about the new park, our vision, development guidelines and desires of the land donor:Twain Harte Meadows Park Info Flier
Thank you for your Involvement!
We are delighted with the tremendous community support and input we have received to date. So far we have had:
- Park Development Survey - We put out a survey to collect ideas in late 2017 and received an incredible response. Click HERE for more information and to see the results.
- Community Design Workshop #1 - We held a community workshop in April 2018 to refine ideas and begin development of a design. The Community Center was packed! Click HERE for more information and to see the results.
- Over 150 Volunteers - More than 150 people have signed up to be involved, from simply being kept informed, to helping with planning, to providing boots-on-the-ground labor.
Please continue to stay involved as we draw closer to a design that best reflects our community. See below for the next opportunity to get involved.
Next Step - Community Design Workshop #2: June 16th
We will hold our next community design workshop on the morning of Saturday, June 16th at the site of the new park. The purpose of the workshop is to continue to take the steps toward selecting conceptual layout and types of facilities to be included in the park design. Most of the workshop will be hands on and interactive, so come ready to be actively involved!
Place: Eproson Park (at the District's Well House) - 22945 Meadow Drive
Date: Saturday, June 16, 2018 Time: 9:00 - 11:30 a.m.
We are planning to have the following activities at the workshop:
- Conceptual Design Alternatives Presentation - Thanks to community input provided through survey responses, the first community design forum and comments made at the District's Park Committee, we have continued to refine ideas and draw closer to a conceptual design that reflects the majority of the community. The refined ideas have been captured in three conceptual designs, thanks to volunteer help from a long-time Twain Harte cabin owner and landscape architect. We will use these designs to discuss critical conceptual design features, features that still need to be refined with community input and reasons some features discussed in previous forums are not included. Click HERE for more information on how we arrived at the ideas presented in these designs.
- Site Tour of Conceptual Design Layouts - When designing, it is always important to visualize the area your designing and picture yourself in the space. We think that the best way to accomplish this is to be on site. We plan to stake out some of the key features of each design so that participants can walk the site with small maps to visualize the location of the features in each design.
- Mapping Exercise - After hearing the presentation, taking the site tour and discussing the conceptual designs as a group, each participant will have the opportunity to pick their favorite conceptual design and recommend modifications. These recommendations will be used to further refine the design.
Want to get Involved?
We maintain an email list of community members who want to be involved in this great community opportunity. The list is used to keep people informed about the development process and upcoming community forums. If you would like to be added to the list, please email us at (redacted) and let us know how you might want to be involved.